WHEW! What a busy Memorial Day weekend this was! So busy, I’m a day behind on the Monday Mashup! From a Wittman wedding, to our anniversary, to my parent’s 35th anniversary (35 years…..what?!?!), to an impromptu birthday party for Jackson at Lake Shafer, the weekend was jam-packed with so much family fun!
Here’s a look at all the learnings/events from this past week:
- Dani and Evan had SUCH a beautiful wedding on Saturday!! While we did miss them, I am beyond grateful that my mom and dad watched the kiddos while we went to the wedding. Dani and Evan were married in a beautiful church ceremony, then the families danced the night away at the Whitetail Tree Farm in Springport, Indiana. Congratulations again, you two!!
- How in the heck have Jon and I already reached our six year anniversary?! It seems like no time has passed at all. I am and will be forever grateful that I am married to the person I know God had planned just for me. <3
- Memorial Day was spent with my family at the Ettelbrick cabins on Lake Shafer. It’s become a tradition for all of us to meet there at this time of the year and I feel like this year’s was the best yet. I coerced everyone out of bed super early to do a family session – more to come later on that! – and then we just spent the day enjoying each other’s company.
- I have to give a big kudos to my sister Kristen. We didn’t plan any type of party for Jackson this year, since we knew we’d all be together celebrating over Memorial Day and we figured we could have 10 minutes to let Jackson open any gifts he may have received. In flew super Auntie KK!! She bought Dory themed decorations and an adorable cake for us to really celebrate our big boy turning 3. Thank you Kristen for making Jackson feel so very special!!
- I find it very special that Jon and my anniversary is the day before my parents’. My parents marked 35 years together on the 29th and I am in awe of the love and devotion they have for each other. Here’s to 35 more years Mom and Dad!
1. First overnight to Grammy’s all on their own! 2. All the babies! 3. IRIS!! 4. Pouty lips 5. <3 6. Wedding fun 7. Jackson and Sawyer are best buds 8. My big boy is 3! 9. Lazy baby
What was the best part of your Memorial Day weekend?? I’d love to hear all about it! 🙂